Mountain Air is an incomparable private country club community nestled at nearly 5,000 feet atop Slickrock Mountain, one of the highest elevations in North Carolina’s historic Blue Ridge Mountains. For more than 25 years, families and their guests have enjoyed a gracious lifestyle and wealth of amenities unequaled by other communities, including the ability to fly in and land on Mountain Air’s 2,875-foot runway adjacent to the clubhouse.
Within the gates of Mountain Air, you can select from custom homes in neighborhood settings, experience carefree living in a condominium or villa, or create your own special mountain getaway on a private home site. A range of prices makes life here enticing and readily accessible. And once you’re here, you’ll quickly understand what it means to settle into an award-winning community that delivers “adventures at 4,600 feet above stress level.”
Winner of numerous national and international awards including the prestigious “Gold Award for Best Community in America,” this multi-generational community is celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2015. Several types and levels of membership are available within Mountain Air Country Club to fit most lifestyles and ensure the enjoyment of all the club’s amenities.
Enjoy the Best Life Has to Offer at Mountain Air
The member-owned Mountain Air Country Club provides members and their guests with an unmatched range of amenities, privacy and security that contribute to a luxury lifestyle. Members describe their award-winning community as an unpretentious place where it’s possible to relax, decompress and have fun – all within an unspoiled natural setting with incredible mountain vistas.
Just minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway and an easy half-hour drive from Asheville, Mountain Air is centered around a spectacular club village that serves as a central gathering spot, offering dining with a strong local, farm-to-table focus. The golf course was artfully and delicately designed to capitalize on granite outcroppings and verdant forest, and has been described as “one of the most dramatic and naturally conceived courses in the country.” Members also enjoy tennis, and a fully equipped fitness and wellness center with a trained staff that offers classes and activities. Other amenities include:
- Clubhouse with three dining rooms and a lounge
- Orville & Wilbur’s casual dining restaurant
- Mountaintop golf course
- Tennis courts
- Fitness and wellness center with spa services
- Heated pool
- On-site naturalist helping adults and children explore nature
- Year-round family and children’s programs and activities
- An organic garden with communal flower beds
- Six community parks and connecting trails
- Slickrock Cinema and a game room
- Mountain Market & Deli
- Private 2,875-foot landing strip on top of the mountain
- Named “Best Private Residential Mountain Top Country Club Community”, by Private Mountain Communities
- “Highest Private Runway East of the Mississippi”, Private Air Magazine